Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Buying new PC to play GW2


This short post is actually an update to other recent post which I wrote some time ago.

I am a happy man :)
To make long story short - I just bought new decent desktop PC, and I have to say - the game looks amazing. I was playing on my old laptop before, and sometimes the game looked like a total crap. To read more about my previous equipment, please check my other post > here.

Now , I am mesmerized by the way the game looks - the graphics, animations and sound effect are truly remarkable and beautiful. On my old laptop I was forced to play on minimum graphic settings.

Decision I had made about purchasing new desktop PC, was indeed a good decision. This is an equipment I have right now:

GW2 graphics - click image to enlarge.
Operating System: Windows 10, Home Edition
Mainboard: MSI
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 8GB
Hard disk1: SSD - 128GB
Hard disk2: HDD - 1 TB
Monitor: iiyama , 27' , LED, Reaction time: 1ms.

Guild Wars 2 works fine on almost highest settings. I usually have 100fps* in most places and around 40fps in very crowded places. The game is installed on SSD.

I hope this post will help some people to make decision about buying new equipment and to clarify what kind of PC is enough to play Guild Wars 2 on almost highest settings.


*fps = frames per second
 My advice is to install Your operating system on SSD instead of traditional HDD hard disk.
And if You are a true fan of GW2  - the game should be install on SSD as well.
What is the difference between traditional HDD and SSD ?
Well..An SSD does functionally everything a hard drive does, but data is instead stored on interconnected flash memory chips that retain the data even when there's no power present. The chips can either be permanently installed on the system's motherboard. Basically speaking , we can access the stored data faster.

Razer Naga Epic Chroma - one of the most popular gaming mouse.
Buying a proper mouse would be also a smart idea. What I mean by "proper" is a mouse with more
than 3 buttons. Unfortunately I have a simple, ordinary mouse from Logitech. But... who knows... Christmas is coming ;) According to my little "research" which I made on many different GW2 forums - among the most popular devices is Razer Naga Epic Chroma.




With an average or high-end PC, and good quality mouse, the game is much more enjoyable, so all real GW2 fans should definitely think about changing the old junk into a decent personal computer...



No comments:

Post a Comment